We would like to keep you guys chilled, but for how long?
Whether it be the Alps in Europe, Himalayas in Asia or Amazonian Rain forest in the newest continent; every place has left it's cool, over the millennium. But since Industrialization came into being, we not only discovered Antarctica but are making it lose it's charm over the past 220 years.
It was in the end of the last month, that a 1000 ft iceberg split off from the Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf, and slowly started to shrink in size. It broke into several pieces, with one's width ranging from 5kms-13kms. This is not the first time that the ice broke. The Green House gases are helping us to "Break The Ice" even earlier.
Now the researchers from Europe are complaining about sudden deaths due to heatwaves in the previously cold regions. Remember that the Polar Regions receive sunlight for 6 months straight and then Plunge into darkness for the same. If the global temperatures are rising, then expect the ice caps to melt even faster due to this.
|The Antarctic Scenario, till date:|
|Satellite Images and Temperatures of the cut-off regions.|
|Current Temperatures of the so-called "colder regions". See that some places are hitting more than 40℃.|
What we want to clarify:
That the ice layers of the Antarctic are drifting towards warmer regions and causing the solid matter to fuse into the planet's surface and adding quantity to the volume of the water dispensed into the oceans.
Major after-effects could be:
- Increase in the sea level,
- disappearance of the low hanging wet lands: breeding grounds for many species (especially birds)
- Endangering the Eco-system and Food Chain.
- No Ice caps/landmass at the polar regions for our beloved Polar bears, Penguins, etc..
- Sperm Whales and other exotic animals losing their habitats
- Disturbance/differences in the seasons across all continents.
- Irregular Rainfalls, Floods and Natural Disasters across the planets
- Giving more potential energies for sea tides (which is a good thing, we can harvest energy like the Netherlands) and more powerful Tsunamis,
- And thus the list goes on:..................
Now it's about time, that we should lookout for our deeds and think rationally to help and save our mother nature:
If you are reading this, then please try out some of the steps described below and do your bit, to save the world from unwanted catastrophes. I know that ones who would read this diligent topic are responsible adults and would act as better individuals and spread this word among their peers and society.
- Do away with your self-centered attitude, and Start caring for Others.
- Reduce your Carbon Footprint! Reduce usage of fossil fuel and carbon derivatives wherever possible.
- Always follow the three R's: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Shift to newer and Eco-friendly alternatives in whatever ways you find, like Solar Energy, etc..
- Plant more trees. Re-grow and enrich the habitats that are diminishing.
- Bring in stricter norms and policies regarding your surroundings.
- Keep a check on the Water Levels in the wetlands.
- If possible,divert large tourists from over crowed hot-spots to newer regions; thus would prevent further exploitation in the area.
- Learn more about the conservation policies of Japan and other South East countries where the flora and fauna are in abundance and co-exist in harmony.
- "Greenify" your places like homes and offices with either flowers, herbs, vegetables and other small plans, and see differences in the temperature of over there.
- Reduce the intake of Green Veggies, and try more of the Non-veg, if your mind-body permits. You involuntarily help in reducing the CO2 levels a bit.
If you know some more ways to better our plans, do share it below in the comments section and do subscribe for the new post, by submitting your email ids.